Bangalore alias Bengalooru

9/16/2009 04:45:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Na it’s neither my home city nor the place I studied , It's a city where I spend two days of my life.Suddenly I wanted to blog about this place because of the below conversation

My Colleague: “So which part of India are you from?”
Me: “Hyderabad”
My Colleague: “Huh? Where is that? Never heard of it”
Me: “oh it’s also known as one of the IT cities in India”
My Colleague: “Oh I only heard that Bangalore is an IT city”
Me: sheesh. I should have just said it’s called “city of Pearls”

So coming back to the story of my experience in Bangalore, it’s was between good and worst. The impression of Bangalore was very good. I still remember smiling at my cousin at the airport not because of seeing him after 4 long years but to see him wearing a jacket and that too in summer season. Never did I know that I have to come across the cold chills on the way home in the car. On the day I landed there it was very cold and simply superb. For once I thought finally I was in different kind of place in India. If that was my impression at 2am in the morning the impression at 9am in the morning slightly took a change.

Busy roads, horrible traffic, pollution and of course added with hot sun. The mall he took me to was good, full of branded clothes and I was surprised how rapidly India developed (4 years of gap can result in lot of surprises). I was excited with lot of changes in India which resulted in me trying to peek out from the auto just to see the city and received this comment from cousin “don’t look out like that, people from village who have never seen a city do that”. Sheesh what a comparison. We watched a movie in IMAX which was impressive. The rest of the day was simple as I left that city in the evening.

My second trip to Bangalore was tiring. Second cousin took me to few temples and I loved the interior of the temples. Again it was simple day but my final destination airport was not good at all.

So despite of those simple sweet moments, if I am given a chance to go back to that city my answer is NO.

Sometimes memories matter more than the surroundings.