Lost & Found

8/19/2009 08:22:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Before I start a new post I just want to declare something.

My dear friends the previous post was about INDIA. Its not about any person in my life. Just wrote it for my INDIA.

This post was supposed to be written on independence day but exams took over my total weekend.

First time in 9 yrs of my stay in Singapore I decided to attend aug 15th celebrations at Singapore Indian embassy. Someone please hit me hard on my head( i wore jeans on that day). Yes that's the most stupidest thing I could do. How the hell did I forgot its INDIAN celebrations.

So dressed in western culture brother and I reached embassy just to know that the flag raising ceremony was finished 7 minutes before we reached there. Yes 7 minutes!!!. Normally brother's timing sense is so perfect that he is on time for every event but maybe today my luck was very bad. I badly wanted to sing the national anthem. Added to my disappointed we couldn't get any India flags in the embassy. I had one pasted in my room which was given by sai but it was gone when my room was repainted. Putting aside all the disappointments I was ready to enjoy the performances given by the kids and I know I took the RIGHT decision by coming to embassy.

Watching the performances I traveled back to my school days in India. Those patriotic songs sang by the kids took my thoughts away from here. I was feeling proud that I still remember the lyrics of those songs despite of hating my music classes during my school days. My music teacher was a Hitler who wouldn't allow us into the class without our music book with updated content. We use to sing each song many times before she pick one of us and tested our singing. I hated to sing for 1 hr each week but when I heard the same songs back in a foreign land with full gosh and desi feeling, my heart skipped. Thanks teacher if not for your long strict singing classes I wouldn't feel so proud of myself today. I was looking at the flag for every long and I realized how much I miss going back home. When I was studying in India Aug 15th use to be special day. Ya special because on this day we had no classes. So all we did is happily carry a water bottle and go to school for flag raising. It use to be a relief-from-school day in the past but now its so close to my heart. Its true that we appreciate only when that particular thing is not there with us anymore. This logic goes to humans and material stuff too. There was dandiya dance included in the performance. Seeing that high energetic dance all I wanted to do is bring those silly dumb people who says "oh Indian dance is dancing around the coconut trees" and tell them "look kaminey this is what an Indian is capable of".

At end of the show I was looking forward for some desi food but again I was disappointed when we were given a box with samosa and laddu. Ya laddu is desi food but come on can I have more on our important day! I suggest that Indian embassy organize a street food setting with all kinds of perfect Indian foods . Of course on top of the list will be my favourite pani puri! Overall it was great feeling to be part of my mother India special day in a foreign land. Go India Go!!!!

I promised myself that by next year I must have a full white salwar kameez with the flag colours Dupatta and full set bangles(Ha one more reason to go India in december! ha ha).

I came across this orkut theme on Aug 15th and find it very good.


Finally i found myself again in this lost land.

Phir Bi Dil Hai Hindustani