Ajnabi oh Ajnabi....

10/30/2009 02:42:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

So last night bro wanted me to check the letter box at an odd hour(9pm) for his precious ebay parcel.

When I reached the new lift area (just beside my house) I noticed it is in the 1st floor. Knowing how much I hate waiting( including people) I decided to take the old lift which required little bit more walking. Little did I knew that the path ahead of me will totally take me on a new path. It was the same walkway I travelled 9yrs for my school, college and office but now the walkway seems like Ajnabi(Stranger) to me. The same old neighbours looked like strangers, the same old plants don't recognize me anymore. I realized I was looking at the surroundings as a first time tourist look around Singapore.

It was a feeling similar to what I experience while I walk in hyderabad streets. Ya I was born and brought up in Hyderabad for 17yrs but now when I go back to that same old place everything is different to me. However Singapore is not my home but I feel every path here is mine. I hate this feeling but I learn to accept it in this 9 yrs.

There is a saying " when new thing comes we tend to leave the old thing". That's exactly what I did. When the new lift was bulit I didn't bother to walk through the old path and now the old path fail to recognize me.