And I know he is the best

8/01/2012 04:05:00 PM 2 Comments A+ a-



For any kid their first friend or playmate is definitely their sibling. A person’s childhood is not complete without a sibling. Well my first friend and playmate is also my sibling: My elder brother. He is just one and half year older than me but somehow I feel he has seen the world far better than me. We have grown up together but I didn’t realize when he became the advisor and perfectionist in the family. My mother believes that everything he does is correct, dad proudly tells everyone about his academic results, relatives and family friends tell their kids to be like my brother and of course I proudly tell everyone how well he handles his life.

My brother and I are worlds apart. He is a maths genius and yours truly can hardly survive doing maths for few hours. For him every penny matters and for me every penny is easy to spend (I must say this habit has improved now). He enjoys sweating out the calories while yours truly enjoy consuming those calories. I look forward to sleep and laze at home while he looks forward to try out new activities. Already 9 of his marathon medals are on the display at home while yours truly is yet to run her first marathon. Well this list goes on: ) and yea I can never be like him.

Well it’s true that time files and now it’s time for him to leave us again. Twelve years back mom and I had to leave him in India and shift to Singapore with Dad. Five years back he joined us and the bonding between us has taken a new meaning. He was there to correct me when I went wrong; he encouraged me when I did well in studies and work, he shared his interests and got me motivated to take up some. He has guided the family and took care of us in difficult times. He was the hero behind the scenes for my wedding. Everything went perfectly under his care.  

Didn’t realize how five years have passed with him. Now that I am left with last few days before he shifts to US, I wish I can buy time so that I can spend more memorable moments with him. I can’t imagine how the family will manage without him. Mom told me that nothing is going to be the same without him around and I agree with her. Definitely I will miss him badly than I imagined.  Never knew staying away from a family member will be this difficult.

Every Raksha bandan festival is a memorable day with him and I know I won’t have such memorable moments for the next two years atleast. I dedicate this post to my lovely brother for this year’s Raksha bandan and I must say he has done all his duties as a brother. :)

Yes people may have an elder brother but only I have a brother like him :) Love you lots bhaiya. Stay happy always. Have fun in US and explore the world. I will miss you badly. Time to use Skype to communicate!











One of my favourite picture with my brother.

2 comments

Write comments
~ Lopa
AUTHOR
February 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM delete

More posts, more sharing please :)

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
February 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM delete

@lopa : I shall do it soon..just don't have the right mood to do it now.Wonder why.. :)

Reply
avatar