It Happens Only In India

8/22/2010 10:16:00 PM 5 Comments A+ a-

This post has been in pending state for quite some time. As usual busy schedules and of course my laziness plays a part too. Recently I went to India for my friend’s wedding and this time I am back with lots of memories. This trip has given me an unique experience and I must say I have learnt lot in this trip. Travelling alone has contributed to this unique experience as I had plenty of time in my hand that I absorbed everything and anything: )…..


Trip to India is incomplete if there are no highlights about the flight trip. I am sure many will agree with me on this. :) . As expected I had my share of good and bad experience travelling with a bunch of weird, funny and irritating passengers.


Some highlights from my trip


• I just don’t understand why some Indians don’t understand simple instructions such as “Please fasten your seat belt, please switch off your mobile inside the flight and please don’t stand when the fight is landing”. I am sure these are simple instructions. It’s either this extra ordinary bunch doesn’t want to follow the instructions are they are just ignorant about everything around them.


• The moment fight touches the ground immediately you will hear the seats belts unfastened. I am not talking about 1 or 2 but the whole flight doing this despite of the instructions “please fasten your seat belt until the seat belt sign is on”. Worst thing is a passenger beside me gave me this weird expression when he saw me with fasten seat belt. In Indian flights right is wrong and wrong is right. Beware of this fact : )


• Just a word of caution to everyone who wish to travel in budget airlines in future. The ticket in these airlines is cheap but everything else is not cheap. Right from the food that we need to purchase in the flight, to the blanket and even the seat you are seating. Everything comes with a price tag. It’s funny to see stewardess selling food and other items in the flight. Gave me the impression of being in the local train. Talk about feeling at home: P. So finally when it was time for stewardess to do their sales, an Indian man stopped the lady and innocently asked ‘Hi madam do we need to pay for this food or you giving it for free’. The highlight of this is the cute expression given by the stewardess. Hats off to her for that.


• I know budget airlines won’t have any entertainment but what I didn’t know is entertainment is shared between passengers. To avoid bored room, I was watching ‘Pyaar ka side effects’ movie  but to my shock I noticed my fellow neighbor was enjoying the movie in my IPod together with me. It’s time airlines have a list of side effects for passengers travelling in their airways. I had to choose boring sleep over the interesting movie to avoid this sharing entertainment. That was a pure torture. Phew!


• Everyone knows that we Indians are good in expressions but sadly my neighbor in the flight refused to understand my ‘I-am-not-interested’ expression about his life history.


• Last but not the least its time our Indian airport authorities stop acting that they are doing their job. Doing their job is good but they overdo it at times. For the first time I felt we have lot to learn from world class airports like Singapore in terms of customer service.


After going through all that unique experience in the flight ,I was finally excited to see what India has stored in for me. As I expected, India never disappoints me but it has more than enough to offer me.

• Heat in Tamil Nadu (southern part of India) is as expected and unbearable. Ice creams melt within seconds and Europeans can have a perfect sun tan within minutes.


• The site of people making their own zebra crossing by holding hands, college girls and guys’ chit chatting at the corner of the roads while the girl eyes are carefully scanning the surroundings to spot her family members, heroines and heroes being treated as larger than life with their posters all over the city, animals given equal rights on the roads with humans, girls showing the true meaning of traditional clothing, people using brakes and horn often than accelerate, the cold breeze which comes with a different sand smell reminding what you are badly missing , are sites not to be missed. All this can’t be missed in our motherland as this makes our India unique.


• The homely feeling one can get even with strangers happens only in India.


• Love the habit of all the relatives sleeping in groups in a big hall. The night is filled with laughter and fun. Modern lifestyle has given us too much of comfort and privacy, that we are slowly losing such small happiness.


• Indian weddings are a grand event. Right from preparing the bride, serving the guests, teasing the bridegroom, knowing hundreds of unknown relatives, forming new relations , new friendships and up course the ladies preparation with loads of gold , everything brings in lifetime memories. Saw a grand wedding after 10 years and it gave me memories for lifetime.


There are thousands of reasons why I love going to India. It has everything and anything for everyone: )That’s my Incredible India.

5 comments

Write comments
azaad68
AUTHOR
August 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM delete

awesome da..i liked it alot..haha..

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
August 23, 2010 at 6:25 PM delete

Rika..this is a really gud one..i was jst laughing, laughing and laughing while reading the whole blog.. let me tell u this is the fanstatic blog out of all u had given till now..

Awesome gallll...finallly u recieved my appreciation aa???

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
August 23, 2010 at 6:43 PM delete

@azaad:omg u read my blog haha...thanks da...
@Anonymous alias sravan: haha thanks a lot...m glad this post has made someone laugh.. :) ..ya u made my day ...

Reply
avatar
Sharmilee
AUTHOR
August 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM delete

this is one awesome entry!

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
August 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM delete

@sharmilee: omg this is ur first time u posted a comment on my blog...haha...thanks babe....:)...waiting to hear ur experience on the SQ flight haha..

Reply
avatar