First pledge is the best pledge

3/27/2010 11:31:00 PM 5 Comments A+ a-

Okay doing something for the first time makes a person very excited. Agree? (I shall assume you agreed, if not I can’t proceed: P).

Today I was exactly in this position as I was excited to fulfill my first Earth Hour pledge. I know when I am very excited, somehow something will spoil it. So in order to avoid disappointment, I planned everything perfectly…hmmm okay I THOUGHT I DID…

 Time: 8.15pm


Bro and mom happily started eating their dinner.

Me: Oh my god both of you found right time to eat dinner ha. I am giving both of you 15 minutes to finish the dinner okay.

Mom: [glares at me weirdly].

Time: 8.25pm

Me:[ Sitting across them and watching them killing my first pledge]

Me: Have you guys done??I am waiting to switch off the lights. 5 more mins.

Mom: We don’t have to switch off exactly at 8.30pm. We can do it after 8.30pm and just calculate the one hour time.

Me: What!!!! Mom that is not consider as Earth Hour. You don’t do Earth Hour as and when you like!

Mom: [Totally ignores me and starts a conversation with dad]

Me: [Getting impatient looking at the time hitting the Earth Hour]

Bro: [Adding fuel to the fire]. We are from India so let’s do it in India time.

Me: [urghh!!!!!...]

Time: 8.30pm


sighhh!!!!....There goes my first pledge….


You might think that atleast my dad would have supported my first pledge.


Check this out


Time: 6.30pm

Me: Dad today is Earth Hour. So tonight let’s switch of the lights for one hour okay?

Dad: haha Earth Hour. You know people in India have Earth Hour every single day.

Me: [Gives a confused face]


What a family sirji!....What a family.....


PS: I still managed to fulfill my first pledge except that it was not at 8.30pm. It was from 8.45pm.


In the end it was our own planned Earth Hour. Hmmm atleast it was one hour.

5 comments

Write comments
Dhanya
AUTHOR
March 30, 2010 at 6:11 AM delete

Awww! Your dad is right you know. We have Earth Hour in India every day :D

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
March 30, 2010 at 9:26 AM delete

@Dhanya:haha ya well its true..but my dad highlights such matters at the wrong time u see :)....Where have you been?Your blog is not updated..:)

Reply
avatar
DiDo
AUTHOR
March 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM delete

haha loved the way ur dad said... thts absolutely true.... but bang on girl for keeping ur pledge..!! way to go :)

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
March 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM delete

@Dido:Thank you so much for commenting on my blog...ya my first pledge hopefully more to go:)....

Reply
avatar
~ Lopa
AUTHOR
June 29, 2010 at 11:14 PM delete

Well concept of Earth Hour is to save the energy and to help the mother earth, so it is better late than never, and you did it so that calls for a well done ! :)

Reply
avatar