F.R.I.E.N.D.S

3/05/2010 05:30:00 PM 4 Comments A+ a-

Never thought of writing about this topic but after coming across the incidents that happened recently, I had to write about it. Everyone have friends in their life and definitely not everyone holds the same place in our heart. Some are close to our hearts and some belong to the “Hi-bye” group. Basically it is the degree of friendship and intensity of the warmth we feel towards a person that categorize them. Just like everyone, I have my circle of friends too. However recently when I met few of them, I realized how similar they are yet different. Definitely everyone is called “Friend” but the chemistry you share with them varies. I don’t know if this happens only with me or everyone??

First category is very special. These are the few yet the closest friends we can have. They are known as best friends, someone who knows us in and out and accept us without judging. Our deepest secrets and joys are shared with them. Despite the fact that they are far in terms of distance, the friendship remains the same. I have four best friends and one of the four knows me way before I started to learn what life is all about. It has been 13 yrs; the friendship is still sweet and divine. The four knows me the best. I am very attached to them as they bring out the best in me. I am myself when I am with them. They have seen me cry, laugh for silly reasons and my worst side of anger. All my mood swings are tolerated by them without any complaints .No words can do justice in describing the love and affection I share with them. I love you guys (you know who you are).

People in the second category are comparatively larger than the first. Yea I can talk to them easily, hang out with them and joke around but there is an invisible line that stops me from putting them in the first category. I am still trying to figure out what is that invisible line. It sounds weird in words but in experience it makes sense. Sometimes I can’t deny the fact the fault is within me. I have never let anyone cross the border. Due to the past experiences, now I prefer to have small circle of friends. This was the best decision I had taken in my life, as life turned out to be colourful after the decision

The final category people are like passing clouds. It’s better to keep it short about this people. Just because they studied in the same class or school as me, they are my friends, even though we have never spoken. Their presence doesn’t make a difference in my life except for the fact, they contribute to my Facebook and Orkut friends list. I have “friends” in my Orkut list; I have never spoken to every since they added me. The only common factor is we have seen each other during childhood days or they are my unknown classmates. How I wish to filter them from the list.shessh. Some of them “know me” (yea sagarika is our school friend who left india in 8th standard and now she is in Singapore). The conversation I have with them are like the dialogues in Main Ratnam movie (Hi.How are you?Are you still in Singapore? What are you doing now?). It doesn’t go beyond this. We don’t have anything in common and we can’t go beyond “Hi-Bye”. No wonder I call them the “Hi-Bye”friends :).

It amazes me how some people would like to know your whole life story in just 5 mintues random talk. I choose not to share it that way.

We don't choose our parents, our relatives .Only two relations are self choosen in life : Friends and life partner.Friendship is a beautiful relationship and best friend in a life partner is a perfect life.




Image courtesy:ww.scrapU.com

Ps: I value all my friends and this post is not to insult anyone. This is just my point of view about the type of friends in my life.

4 comments

Write comments
~ Lopa
AUTHOR
March 5, 2010 at 11:18 PM delete

Yeah, i think we all have our own boundaries and even when we don't accept it openly that split of friends exists deep inside our mind. That is the reason we turn to only specific ones when we need a friend !

Btw about that Orkut and FaceBook list, hell ya, i don't understand why people keep adding me when we never talk !
Funny thing is because one was classmate or senior or colleague somewhere years ago, we cannot deny that incoming frnd request and we add / accept frnd request as we know person by name/ face and label it friend, but in reality neither we talked those days when we regularly saw each other nor ever going to talk, most probably. It just results in inflated numbers at your frnd lists on display !

Nice post Sagarika. :o)
By the way what triggered this post?

And did you customized your blog template? It looks different today, i had to check your profile to be sure i was commenting to you :P

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
March 6, 2010 at 10:44 AM delete

@Lopa:Thanks a lot lopa.Your comment summarized my post:)

Ya the random adding in orkut is just too much ya.Even I can't stand it...but have to be nice and accept the request since they know me by face haha...

Recently I had a long day where I meet right from a best friend to those "Hi-bye" friends in the same day.

This "Hi-bye" friend was actually trying to knw my whole life story in just 5 mins random talk in the public place,which I didn't like it at all.

It conv goes like this "oh my god m seeing u after so long..blah blah.so what r u doing now..where r u working now..blah blah..oh k c u soon tc..."

See me soon again in the same way and I have to repeat my life story again ..haha..So this made me realize the type of friends a person can have.

Btw I didn't do anything to my template ya.surprising..all this days my tweets were nt shown in the google buzz..n now my blog is diff..lol..google has something against me..

Reply
avatar
~ Lopa
AUTHOR
March 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM delete

hahaha, my comments summarize your posts, that means i am always posting too long comments :P

sorry, still can't help it...hehehe

Work wise it's very busy right now, not been able to catch up with blogs.

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
March 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM delete

No it's good you summarize it haha..guess your summary skills are gd :P...

Yea the frequency of ur post has reduced..u haven't post part 2 of the story .I am waiting :)

Reply
avatar