Love is in the A I R

2/09/2010 06:15:00 PM 9 Comments A+ a-

Lunch hour in my office is something that everyone looks forward to(definitely not because of the canteen food). It is entirely for the gossip sessions we like to have and of course to catch up with the latest trends. Surprisingly everything was different today.

Me: Hey pay day is coming soon! Any sales going on currently?
Colleague M (concentrating on her hand phone wallpaper): I am so confused what to buy for my boyfriend. It’s our second year together.

Me (turning the attention to one more colleague): Hey have you checked out the new flower decorations in the office for the CNY (Chinese New Year). Shall we go and capture some pictures?
Colleague B (busy eating): hmmmm
Colleague S (joins in without any invitation): oh no don’t remind me of the flowers. They will be so expensive this week. I wish I can buy it now and stock it up (grins widely)


Me: sheesh…..guys!!!Are your listening?

Everyone still lost in their own world (nod their heads)


Everyone seemed to be preoccupied with the Valentine’s Day thoughts. Single females are worried if their boyfriends will propose to them and married ones are wondering if they have given the hint to their partners about their latest desired items.



All this valentine’s day hangama brought back my first experience with feb 14th
I had the sweetest memories for my first valentine's day. Anita, me and azaad planned valentine’s day outing after college. We landed in our favourite swensens outlet to have delicious ice creams while we spend the rest of the evening laughing and having good time. We surprised each other with gifts .So actually my first valentine’s day gift is from my besties!Oh man I miss my college days. Love you guys. Sadly after that year friends got attached (no its good news and I am always happy for them) and I never had the chance to plan one more valentine’s day with them.


According to me feb 14th is meant for our loved ones not necessarily limited to boyfriend and girlfriend. Moreover if love is true why choose only feb 14th to show it?Every day is a loving day for people in love. I find it ridiculous to see people buying a $100 bouquet on feb14th while you can get it for less than $30 on a non -Valentine’s Day.



Finally as all my colleagues were back to the real world we decided to go back to our work world. As we were walking back to the office, a sale’s girl was distributing discount pamphlets for a bouquet shop(you will find them everywhere until this week). One of my male colleagues eagerly stopped and asked the lady for the discount details



Me: O didn’t know you are married? She is very lucky.You care so much for her

Colleague R: Why would I get this if I am married? I have a gf

Me (looks around to get a rod or stick but turns and smiles at him innocently)





Advance happy Valentines Day to one and all. Spread the love to everyone. Enjoy your special day.


Miss you guys!

9 comments

Write comments
~ Lopa
AUTHOR
February 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM delete

Yeah indeed it is :)

Though we are trying to compromise this year that lets not spend much on Valentine as last year was killer, with 14th Valentine, 21st special to us for our relationship and 2nd our wedding anniv, and it was first anniv ! We got ripped off.... hehe, so we r trying to take it low, but lets see how far we succeed, as who doesn't love presents in the end :D

Btw back in college days when we used to celebrate all these days, we had that ritual, we pay at assigned desk, write a card whom we want to send it, seal it and then organizers arrange those many flowers and deliver it with card to person in the class, yeah in the class.
I sent one to my besty, no one knew who sent it as envelop contains name of receiver and not sender.
All were curious, he was on the clouds, all insisted to open and read in front of them, he did.
It read "That's for you, yes. As i know no one will send one to nalayak like you" - Lopa

Ahhh man. and we laughed...lol ( i was actually laughing the moment he got it, but no one was paying me attension, all were too curious to find out who is the girl and what's the msg, hehehe )

He told me in private indeed that was his first rose ever and he would have loved enjoying that supremacy among his frnds if and only if i had skipped that msg and my name ... lol

ooops, too long comment !

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
February 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM delete

haha thanks for such a long comment.

wow so your anniverssary is coming soon. Lopa again this yr it is the same feb 14th , same 21st special day to you guys, 2nd is ur wedding anniv..and it is ur 2nd anniv.So it is going to be a killer again :P...it will b a brilliant idea to get married on feb 14th. I can have double gifts for rest of my life :)

Everyone loves presents yaar and that too suprising someone is the best thing in the world.I love to suprise my loved ones to see their reaction.It is something money can't buy.

I love the idea you had during college days. That would be fun. Imagine you can actually send it to your crush without they knowing who send it :)

Reply
avatar
~ Lopa
AUTHOR
February 10, 2010 at 9:06 PM delete

This year Ashu has to leave 14th eve for P2P workshop, so we will have to celebrate Valentine day either in morning or Saturday !

And no, never get married on one of those days, 14th Feb or your birthday or something like that. Only first few years there will be double gifts then it will turn to all combined package, hehehe
Prefer separate days and so separate gifts :D

I have planned a surprise for Ashu as Anniv. gift, something which neither of us has done... Experience as a gift :)
but i won't disclose it now else i dont want him to have a bit of idea from any direction, will let you know as the day arrives :)

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
February 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM delete

haha gd one.m sure there will be a post coming up on that.shall wait for the details :)gd luck..may your plan turns out to be a bigggg success :)

Reply
avatar
Sandhya
AUTHOR
February 11, 2010 at 5:09 PM delete

Hi Sagarika,

I agree with you that Valentine's Day is meant for loved ones and not restricted to celebrating with boyfriends and girlfriends:)

By the way, I live in Singapore too and can speak Telugu. You may email me and we could get in touch.

Cheers,
Sandhya

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
February 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
February 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM delete

@sandhya
blog ki vachi comment chesinaduku thanks.

ya I always believed that feb14th is meant for everyone. meru singapore lo untara.thats nice.

Reply
avatar
sm
AUTHOR
March 3, 2010 at 2:22 AM delete

interesting story

Reply
avatar
sagarika
AUTHOR
March 3, 2010 at 8:54 AM delete

@sm : Thank you so much for the comment. :)

Reply
avatar